Saturday 16 July 2011

23 Things for Professional Development

As the first step in my great leap forward for professional development, I have signed up to 23 Things for Professional Development. According to their Facebook presence, 23 Things is: 
a free, online self-directed course open to librarians and information professionals at all stages of their career.
So, several weeks behind, but non-the-less keen to go, my tasks for Things I and II are to start my own blog ~ done :-) and to have a look around at what my fellow CDP23'ers are posting.

Having looked through some of the very many blogs by my colleagues (several hundred of us!), I am first struck by the sheer diversity within the group - careers, personalities, experiences and expectations. Who said we can be stereotyped!

Paradoxically, I feel both a little intimidated and somewhat comforted by this exercise. While it is daunting to see just how far some people have pushed technology (and reminded me of just how far behind I am), it is comforting to see that I am not alone and just how much people are  willing to share their experiences with others.


No comments: